Deadline Date: 09-Nov-2022
The Udacity Scholarship Programme is now open for applications to offer participants the opportunity to acquire cutting-edge skills in Full Stack, Cloud, Cloud DevOps and Data Analytics.
The ALX Tech Nanodegrees are a fully-funded scholarship programme providing 20,000 Tech Nanodegree programmes, powered by Udacity for African talent to enable them to become future leaders and entrepreneurs and help address the global skills gap across the tech industry.
Over 5,000 participants will be selected for a full Scholarship to the Nanodegree programme via the application. The ALX programmes are powered by Udacity.
Types of Programmes
- Cloud Developer: The cloud developer field is expected to continue to grow rapidly over the next few years with demand for cloud developers soaring across industries. Start by learning the fundamentals of cloud development and deployment with AWS. Then, build different apps leveraging microservices, Kubernetes clusters, and serverless application technology.
- Data Analyst: This programme prepares you for a career as a data analyst by helping you learn to organise data, uncover patterns and insights, draw meaningful conclusions, and clearly communicate critical findings. You’ll develop proficiency in Python and its data analysis libraries (Numpy, pandas, Matplotlib) as you build a portfolio of projects to showcase in your job search.
- Full Stack Web Developer: Web development is one of the fastest-growing fields in Information Technology. Web Developers are aspiring creators and engineers who seek to create cutting-edge web solutions to help make people’s lives easier.
- Cloud DevOps Engineer: The Cloud Computing field is expected to continue to grow rapidly over the next few years with demand for DevOps Engineers soaring across industries. DevOps Engineer topped LinkedIn’s “Most recruited jobs” list in 2018. Learn to design and deploy infrastructure as code, build and monitor CI/CD pipelines for different deployment strategies, and deploy scalable microservices using Kubernetes.
How can you benefit from this program?
Learners will work on real-world projects designed by industry experts to build their portfolio of skills and learn in-demand skills from the most up-to-date content, co-created with top industry experts. Throughout your entire journey, you will have access to a supportive online community, where you will get to ask other students and tutors for support to help you through any learning difficulties or even to network!
How You’ll Learn?
- Applied Projects: Real-world simulations and tasks to test your on-the-job preparedness.
- Peers & Mentors: Peer-to-peer interactions, mentorship & coaching opportunities, and feedback from industry experts.
- Theory: Take the beginner courses in Data, Cloud or Programming and earn a Foundational degree, or take the advanced route for a Nanodegree
If you are excited about the digital disruptions taking place across the globe, are between 18 and 35 years old, and are looking to gain specialised skills that will help you break into a high income, globally-relevant tech career, this is for you
- Age: Between 18 and 35 years of age
- Career Status: Recent graduates, young professionals, entrepreneurs, and anyone looking to gain the skills to transform their future.
- Geography: Open for all learners originally from the African continent, regardless of your location.
For more information, visit ALX Tech Nanodegrees.