Deadline Date: 02-Oct-2022
The Village Square Youth Hub is launching a one of its kind media fellowship to facilitate 10 young journalists to collect and tell incredible stories from rural India.
The Rural Media Fellowship aims to encourage young, emerging, and passionate journalists to leverage storytelling as a tool for social change.
The idea of providing the fellowship is to highlight rural issues and change processes in innovative ways using multimedia. The stories from the ground will be used as evidence for the work done by social purpose organizations, and advocacy and articles will be published on the Village Square platform. This fellowship is open to journalists, photographers, people working on online media (like YouTube), as well as freelancers from India.
- Community of like-minded people who are passionate about providing a voice for rural India in the mainstream media narrative
- Structured learning program that builds on the Fellow’s journalistic knowledge and skills
- Mentorship from industry experts within the Village Square network
- Stipend of Rs 35,000 per month
- Certificate will be awarded on successful completion of the fellowship
Apart from reporting stories every month, fellows will be encouraged to highlight their work during fellowship using social media (Social Media promotion and Videos) with Village Square
- Candidate must be between the age of 22-30
- A bachelor’s degree in mass media/journalism
- Candidates with 2 or more years of relevant experience will be preferred
- Ability to live and work in remote, rural areas
- Must demonstrate an interest and understanding of rural India and its issues and challenges
- Comfort with multimedia and other innovative storytelling techniques.
The Rural Media Fellows will be expected to produce a minimum of 18 deliverables, which can be articles (800 words), photo essays or short video stories or a mix of all.
For more information, visit Village Square Youth Hub.