The design and methodology of the Business Acumen training track is a pure experiential learning experience. Where leaders draw on a range of skills to meet more complex sales and marketing challenges such as competitive differentiation, falling prices, and disruptive technology.
– Management uses of basic financial statements
– Why market conditions dominate business decisions
– The difference between cash and profit
– The need to manage separately for cash and profit
-Fixed and variable costs
– The value of budgets and cash flow forecasts
– The impact of inventory build-up
– The need to control working capital
– SWOT analysis
– Break-even analysis
-Unit cost analysis
– Income Statement analysis ROA. ROI, and other metrics
KPIs used at your company to gauge performance
– Team competition in this simulation consists of six strategically complex business cycles in which teams have full decision-making power and are held accountable for the results.
– In each cycle, teams develop and implement a business strategy that incorporates real-world dynamics: production capacity, customers, prices, financing, and more. Each cycle includes:
– Examining market drivers: supply and demand, niche marketing,quality
– Competitor awareness, setting prices in a competitive market
– Ongoing strategic analysis, updating the strategic plan in response to changes in the industry and in the marketplace
– Budget and cash flow exercises
– Monitoring cash flow, Maintaining the book’s of the operating company (Income Statement and Balance Sheet)
– Performance measurement and analysis, Posting, comparing, and discussion of results.