Deadline Date: 24-Apr-2023
The AFD Group is launching its first call for proposals, “Shared Innovation”, an initiative that aims to promote innovative solutions for sustainable development in order to facilitate their replications and bring together different actors and ecosystems.
The two main objectives of this initiative: to share experience and knowledge and to create networks and dialogue around innovation.
The purpose of this call for proposals is to identify innovative sustainable development solutions with a potential for replication and/or scaling up. The selected innovations will be registered in the database of their new Shared Innovation initiative. They will gain visibility and may be promoted during events, and be the subject of meetings and exchanges between peers and/or with sectoral experts from the AFD Group.
Given the complexity of today’s challenges and the need to support social and environmental transitions, the AFD Group is positioning innovation as a lever to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The Shared Innovation initiative seeks to support this ambition by positioning itself as a vehicle for sharing and promoting innovative solutions for sustainable development in order to strengthen their replication. The initiative aims to share experiences and knowledge and to create links and dialogue between different ecosystems.
- This call for contributions is open to all local actors in the innovation and/or sustainable development sectors in North Africa, more precisely in Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya or Egypt.
- They encourage the participation of public administrations and operators, incubators/accelerators, startups, SMEs, civil society actors, entrepreneurs, development agencies, international/regional organizations, as well as any other actors involved in the search for innovative solutions for sustainable development.
- Before submitting your proposal, make sure your innovation:
- Has a proof of concept;
- Provides one or more alternative solutions to local development issues and challenges;
- Contributes to Sustainable Development Goal – SDG n°5 “Gender Equality”;
- Leads to one or more transformational changes in practices and/or ways of thinking;
- Could have a potential for replication.
- Innovations older than six years or less than one year will not be eligible. The call for proposals will assess and select innovations with strong inspirational potential that align with the Shared Innovation’s philosophy and AFD Group’s strategies.
For more information, visit French Development Agency.