Post Date: 08-Nov-2021 Deadline Date: 23-Dec-2021
Donor Name: TotalEnergies
Grant Size: Not Available
Are you a pioneer with a project or a startup that can make a difference in your country? If yes, then applications for the Startupper of the year Challenger by TotalEnergies are now open! Participate, and become the Startupper of the Year!
The Startupper of the year Challenge by TotalEnergies is back for its 3rd edition in 32 African countries! Its goal is to support young African entrepreneurs between the ages of 18 and 35.
All business creation’s project holders and young innovative startups with a positive impact on their communities and the planet can participate!
The best female entrepreneur will apply in one of the two categories. She will be able to receive a maximum of 2 prizes: a prize in her category, and the prize for the best female entrepreneur. The latter is determined according to her personality and her background.
Become Startupper of the year!
- Best business creation project
- Best startup under 3 years old
- Best female entrepreneur
Rewards and benefits
- Financial support
- Media visibility
- North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Mauritania and Tunisia.
- West Africa: Ivory Coast, Ghana, Guinea, Nigeria, Senegal and Togo.
- Central Africa: Cameroon, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Democratic Republic of the Congo and Republic of the Congo.
- East Africa: Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Reunion, Island-Mayotte Island, Madagascar, Uganda and Tanzania.
- Austral Africa: South Africa, Angola, Botswana, Eswatini, Malawi Mozambique, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Sustainable Development: In 2015, the United Nations and its Member States adopted the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which forge a reference framework for 2030 to address the global challenges of poverty, environmental protection, peace and prosperity. TotalEnergies committed in 2016 to help achieve the SDGs and to structure its responsible development approach and make a significant contribution to this collective effort. Thus, aware of the importance of these issues, your project or startup should meet one or more of these objectives.
- Innovation: Will be assessed according to the contribution of new and / or complementary solutions to meet some of the challenges in your country. The innovation is not necessarily technological, it can simply relate to the way of communicating with the beneficiaries, the diversity of the actors involved, or offer new forms of organization and governance.
- Project feasibility: Particular attention will be paid to the feasibility and development potential of each project. In the case of a business creation project, a viable economic model, complementary and relevant skills for the project and a clear vision of its development will be used to evaluate this criterion. This is important as they want to support the winners in the long-term.
For more information, visit TotalEnergies.